News on pharmacovigilance
Here you can read news in the pharmacovigilance area. The section will primarily bring news about updated information on specific medicines/adverse reactions from the PRAC and CHMD committees of the European Medicines Agency (EMA), but we will also be writing news.
The content/news will be selected based on the following criteria:
- New updated information on specific medicines/adverse reactions from the PRAC and/or the CHMP – usually adjusted to Danish settings
- Medicine consumption – medicines with a particularly high consumption among the public
- The severity/frequency of the adverse reaction
- Media coverage
- Medicines requiring attention for whatever reason
- New medicines – medicines marketed within the past two years that are subject to stricter reporting requirements
The news are especially relevant for doctors and healthcare professionals, but could also be relevant for people who work with medicines (whether clinically, in the pharmaceutical industry or in the retail industry) or for anyone else wanting to receive the latest updates on adverse reactions of medicines/safety updates on medicines.
| 27 March 2020 |
What is the drug consumption and medical history of Danish COVID-19 patients? And does the use of certain painkillers, including ibuprofen, affect the disease course of COVID-19?