Reassessment of the reimbursement status of ATC group A – alimentary tract and metabolism
The Danish Medicines Agency will begin its reassessment of ATC group A, alimentary tract and metabolism, which includes:
01. Stomatological preparations
02. Drugs for acid related disorders
03. Drugs for functional gastrointestinal disorders
04. Antiemetics and antinauseants
05. Bile and liver therapy
07. Antidiarrheals, intestinal antiinflammatory/antiinfective agents
08. Antiobesity preparations, excl. diet products
09. Digestives, incl. enzymes
10. Drugs used in diabetes
12. Mineral supplements
14. Anabolic agents for systemic use
15. Appetite stimulants
16. Other alimentary tract and metabolism products
The following subgroups will be presented to the Reimbursement Committee on 20 November 2007.
- Stomatological preparations (A01)
- Antiemetics and antinauseants (A04)
- Laxatives (A06)
- Antiobesity preparations, excl. diet products (A08)
The remaining subgroups will be presented soon thereafter. The Danish Medicines Agency informed the relevant scientific societies in a letter of 17 October 2007. The letter is available via the factbox to the right (in Danish only).
The Reimbursement Committee’s recommendations for the groups C01, C04 and C05 are expected shortly. At the same time, the Committee is working on its recommendation for blood pressure medicines.
When the Reimbursement Committee begins discussing the individual subgroups, the material used as background for the discussions will be posted on our website.
For further information, please contact the Reimbursement Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Danish Medicines Agency, 19 October 2007